Rules, Terms and Conditions
Contest : Post news & win Rs 200/- Paytm cash.
About the Contest: A user whose post gets most number of upvotes in a day will win Rs 200/-
A user whose post gets most number of views in a day will win Rs 200/-
A user whose post gets selected as best news of the day by team PowerNewz most will win Rs 200/-
A day is considered starting 12 AM midnight to 11:45 PM.
Part- A Terms and Conditions:
- This Contest is sponsored, organized and administered by Vijayanand Infotech
Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”), a Company which owns the brand “Powernewz” and operates the ‘Powernewz” platform including URL www.powernewz.co, mobile application and is having its office at 1st Floor, Giriraj Annexe, Circuit House Road HUBBALLI, Karnataka, India -581207 and corporate office at # 130, Lalbagh Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - 560 027. For clarity and brevity Vijayanand Infotech Private Limited is hereinafter referred to as “Organizer”.
- Contest Period: Participation in this Contest is valid from 14th of November 2019 at 00:00 hours and culminating on 31st March 2020 at 24:00 hours
(hereinafter referred to as “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: To be considered as eligible for this Contest user must be an Indian
Citizen and 18 years of age or above and residents of states wherever this contest is valid (hereinafter referred to as “Participants”).
- Steps To Participate:
- a) Participants need to post local news on PowerNewz app using his profile created from his registered mobile number.
- b) The news can be of any locality but has to be a hyperlocal news with the correct tag of the location.
- c) Only contextual local news posted by the participants will be considered for
participation in this Contest.
- Winner Selection:
- a) Out of all the users meeting eligibility criteria, 3 winners will be selected based on the number of upvotes, number of views and post adjudged as best news of the day by team PowerNewz, from the pool of participants who have applied for this contest, winners to be announced on a daily basis.
- b) Each participant is eligible to win only once a week during the contest period.
- c) Making posts with less context to local news would not be considered a valid
news and not counted.
- d) In cases where there are more participants with the same number of upovtes, 1 lucky winner will be selected from a pool of participants who have applied for this contest on random basis.
- e) In cases where there are more participants with the same number of most viewed posts, 1 lucky winner will be selected from a pool of participants who have applied for this contest on random basis.
- a) Each winner will get Paytm cash of Rs. 200/- (announced everyday)
- b) Prize will be automatically credited to winner’s Paytm account by the next day at around 2 PM.
- c) The participants selected as winners will be notified through email/Push
notifications/Inapp/SMS/Social Media Properties provided the participants are
registered with the Organizer. A communication will be sent to only those Participants who have won in the Contest.
- Mere participation in the Contest does not entitle the Participants to win the Prize.
- This Contest shall not be clubbed/used in conjunction/alongside any prevailing Contest/promotion running on Organizer’s Platform.
- Employees of Organizer (including their family members & relatives) and of their group companies, affiliate or associate companies, shall not be eligible for any of the prize/gratification under this Contest. In case it comes to the knowledge of Organizer that any winner is an employee of Organizer or their family member, Organizer reserves the right to forfeit the gratification/Prize. Further, to participate in contest the Participant needs to have registered Organizer account.
- Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any news/post or discontinue promotion any time.
- Organizer reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this Contest or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria and other pertinent T&C at their sole discretion at any time during its validity as may be required including in view of business exigencies and/or changes by a regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and/or any reasons whatsoever and the same shall be binding on the Participants.
- Paytm Wallet T&Cs will apply for Paytm Cash.
- All news posted by the participants has to align with the Terms and Conditions of the app.
PART- B LEGAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The participation in the Contest is open only for the Contest Period for the Indian citizens of 18 years and above of age. Employees of Organizer (including their family members & relatives) and of their affiliate or associate companies, shall not be eligible for any of the Prize under this Contest. In case it comes to the knowledge of Organizer that any Winner is an employee of Organizer Ecommerce or their family member or relative, Organizer reserves the right to forfeit the Prize. Further, to participate in Contest the Participants needs to have registered account on Organizer Platform.
- The Participants who are residents (permanent/temporary) of any state/union
territory within the territory of India shall not be entitled to participate in this Contest, wherever such Contest is prohibited by applicable law.
- By participating in the Contest, Participants consent to some information available on Organizer platform such as name, score etc. to be communicated as required for publication in any media, for the purpose of Winner’s announcement. Organizer may, at its discretion, choose not to disclose the identity of the selected Winner(s) to other Participants unless expressly mentioned herein. The Participants also consent to the information being stored in the servers of Organizer or its service providers
- Participants acknowledge and agree that all copyright and trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the SMS content, Mobile application, Website and all material or content related to the Contest shall remain, at all times, owned by Organizer and/or their respective owners. All material and content contained is made available for Participant’s personal and non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material/ content on the platform and/ or any information disseminated by SMS or any other means of communication is strictly prohibited.
- Subject to any applicable laws; (a) All warranties of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, are hereby expressly DISCLAIMED including, but not limited to, meeting of the Participant's requirements or aspirations, timeliness, security, the results or reliability of the Contest, delay in sending or receiving the SMS for participating in the Contest, any type of delay by the Participant/Winner, or the delivery, quality, quantity, participants ability, fitness for use or non-infringement in respect of any goods, services, benefits or Prize/gratification/awards acquired or obtained through the Contest or any transactions effected through the Contest; (b) The Participant expressly agree that his/her participation in the Contest is at his/her sole risk and is governed by the T&C herein; and (c) No advice or information whether by representations, oral, written or pictorial derived from the platforms including but not limited to websites/ SMS, shall be construed to mean the giving of any warranty of any kind.
- The Prize(s) under this Contest are neither assignable nor transferable under
any circumstance, unless specifically provided hereunder. All the Prizes shall be
subject to such other T&C as may be applicable to specific Prize and shall have to be duly complied with by the Winner(s).
- The Prize(s) to the Winner(s) shall be given subject to compliance with all applicable statutory legislations, processes and formalities in connection with the Prize(s) and on production of all such documents/papers as may be required by Organizer before accepting the delivery of the Prize. Any failure on the part of the Winner(s) to comply with directions issued by Organizer for claim of Prize shall entitle Organizer to forfeit the Prize(s) or roll the Prize over to the next eligible Winner(s), at their sole discretion.
- Any Participant providing any incorrect information or concealing/withholding any information from Organizer with intent to participate and/or be chosen as the Winner(s) of the Contest will automatically be disqualified from participating in it and being chosen as the Winner(s) of the different categories of Prize. Such act of providing incorrect information or concealing/withholding any information, including without limitation incorrect declaration of information relating to name, age, identity, address, mobile connection of Operator number, domicile etc., by the Participant or dispute with the Platform of Organizer, shall entitle the Organizer to disqualify him/her without any further intimation. Organizer reserves its right to take appropriate legal action against any Participant involved in illegal/unauthorized activity
- The Participants shall indemnify and keep indemnified Organizer and their officers, directors, employees, and affiliates harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, 5 suits, proceedings, action, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs (including attorney’s fees and court costs) which Organizer may incur, pay or become responsible as sponsor/organizer/facilitator as a result of (i) breach or alleged breach of the representations or obligations by the Participants under the T&C hereunder; (ii) any failure by the Participants to comply with applicable law and (iii) any third party claim in respect of misuse of any information of a third party by the Participants. Organizer shall have the right to defend themselves, pursuant to this clause, at the cost of the Participants. Organizer or their respective affiliates shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of
profits, incurred by the Winner(s) or any third party, in connection with the Contest. It is expressly provided that transaction shall be between Participant & Organizer only.
- All incidental costs, taxes or levies related to the Prize(s), if any, shall be exclusively borne by the Winner(s), including but not limited to logistics, TDS, gift tax (if any), Insurance and any other taxes applicable by the Central, State or Municipal government. The Participant(s) who have won the Prize have to make their own arrangements for travel, accommodation to claim the Prize (if applicable); Organizer shall not be responsible for the same or any cost of travel and accommodation incurred by any of them.
- The Participants hereby irrevocably authorize Organizer and its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, associates to use the data gathered during and/or after the Contest in respect of the Participants (including but not limited to name and photograph) in any of its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements. By participating in the Contest, Participants confirms to waive the applicability of rules and regulations of the National Do Not Call Registry and agrees to receive updates and promotional messages / SMS / Email / Call for current and future Contests from Organizer.
- This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances including without limitation, floods, natural disasters, war, act of terror, political unrests, technical snags, act of God, change of laws or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Organizer (“Force Majeure Event”). Organizer shall not be liable for any delay or adverse effect caused to this Contest there under as a result of a Force Majeure Event. Organizer shall intimate the suspension of Contest caused as a result of such Force Majeure Event to the Participants within reasonable time.
- Organizer reserves all the rights to Contest any amount/voucher/any other
cashback as per its sole discretion and to such number of Participants as it may deem fit.
- This Contest is subject to guidelines/ directions issued by any applicable
competent authority from time to time.
- This Contest is designed/sourced by Organizer, are as per their best of efforts. In case there is any discrepancy or dispute regarding the Contest, the decision by Organizer shall be final and neither Organizer nor any third party shall have any liability towards any Participant. No queries/complaints whatsoever in this regard will be entertained.
- Organizer reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this Contest or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria, the T&C and Prize at their sole discretion at any time during its validity as may be required including in view of business exigencies and/or changes by a regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and/or any reasons beyond their control and the same shall be binding on the Participant.
- Failure by Organizer to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Further, Organizer may assign any of its rights within the Contest to any party without prior intimation to Participants.
- Organizer does not make any commitment, express or implied to respond to any feedback, suggestion and/or queries of the Participants.
- Prizes as explained in Clause 6 of Part A of this T&C shall be granted by the Organizer to 1 winner everyday only on sole discretion of Powernewz..
- The Winners understand and agree that Organizer its owners and affiliates, shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that may be suffered, or for any personal loss or injury that may be suffered (including loss of life), to a Winner and/or any third party, directly or indirectly, by use or non-use of the Prize.
- Apart from the entitlement to the Prize/cashback, the Winners or their legal
heirs/successors/ representative will have no other rights or claims against Organizer, its owners/organizers/sponsors and affiliates. Notwithstanding anything, in case of any dispute, maximum aggregate liability of Organizer, shall not exceed value of the concerned Prize/cashback in case of any dispute in pursuance to the terms and conditions herein.
- The Winner(s) understand and agree that acceptance of the Prize by them,
constitutes grant of permission to and hereby irrevocably authorize the Organizer to click photographs of the Winner and use the Winner’s names, photograph, preferences (likes and dislikes), voice, comments and other personal details for the purpose of this contest including advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide, Organizer’s platform or public domain, only for the purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever to the Winners. The
Participant/Winner hereby provides his/her irrevocable consent for sharing/submission of his/her personal information to Organizer, and subsequent use by Organizer of such information for lawful purposes as per its discretion.
- Post Winner(s) declaration and completion of their announcement and further
process as the case may be if Organizer finds that the declared Winner(s) are
erroneous then Organizer reserves the right to declare the correct Winner(s) again (as per the T&C) and cancel the Prize of Winner(s) declared earlier and the same decision of Organizer shall not be challenged by any erroneously selected Winners.
- Organizer shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of technical failures before, during the Contest or after the completion including but not limited to any technical failures in the mobile connectivity, delay in sending or receiving the SMS for participating in the Contest, any action that has been initiated, actioned or completed through his/her mobile phones, failure of servers or any failures arising out of technical snags or resultant inability of the Participants.
- Post Winner(s) declaration and completion of their announcement and further
process as the case may be if Organizer finds that the declared Winner(s) are erroneous then Organizer reserves the right to declare the correct Winner(s) again (as per the T&C) and cancel the Prize of Winner(s) declared earlier and the same decision of Organizer Ecommerce shall not be challenged by any erroneously selected Winners
- Organizer shall not be responsible for any claims from any Participant/Winner(s) or any third party arising out of any failure(s) which is beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Organizer shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of technical failures before, during or after the completion of the Contest including but not limited to any technical failures in the mobile/device/computer/laptop connectivity, delay in sending or receiving the SMS for participating in the Contest, any type of delay , any action that has been initiated, actioned or completed through his/her mobile phones/device/computer/laptop, failure of servers or any type of failures arising out of technical snags or resultant inability of the Participant(s).
- The Participant’s hereby agree and undertake not to hold the Organizer and/or any of their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses, either direct or indirect or remote that they may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claim to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of this Contest.
- Any dispute arising out of this Contest’s T&C shall first be attempted to be resolved amicably through negotiations. In the event, amicable settlement fails, the dispute shall be referred to Mediation. The venue of Mediation shall be at Bangalore only.
- This Contest and T&C are subject to Indian law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in.